Oversharpened?

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Moving back and forth from my CRT at home to my LCD at work, I am starting to believe that my photos are oversharpened. I usually apply no more than 20%, 1 radius smart sharpen to my photos. Please let me know if you feel that I may be going a little over the top when it comes to sharpness. Thanks.

447495655_Th5z9-XL.jpg

447495437_utBQ5-XL.jpg

445436151_zsvEP-XL.jpg

The first two are just right, the third one look a little low quality, not sure it it's oversharpened, or what, but it's not too bad

Last edited:
i personally like it. i think a photo can never be too sharp, unless it starts to make abnormal things in the picture. such as oversharpening trees

Thanks for the quick replies. I think the 3rd one is a little oversharpened on this monitor. Maybe the sharpening has helped bring out the noise. grrr, I hate noise.

These don't appear to be over sharpened at all. You'll know when you've gone too far with the sharpening if you start to see halos at the edges and the noise and artifacts get really outrageous. These look fine to me.

Colors may change from monitor to monitor, but "sharpenss" (transition from one color to another) shouldn't be that much different from monitor to monitor.

Those photos are fine.

CRT to LCD, tough duality there. Too much sharpening was described pretty well by samanax, on the more subtle scale it will simply introduce noise. I don't see too much noise anywhere at this size.

That first shot is priceless! It would be great to try some ring flash or additional off camera strobes just to catch more highlights in those doe eyes. A rim light would be sweet too as her hair picks up highlights nicely as well.

Great day in SD neighbor! Those silly kinda cold snaps slow me down.

-Shea

That first shot is priceless! It would be great to try some ring flash or additional off camera strobes just to catch more highlights in those doe eyes.

Yeah, this little girl is way too cute. She sometimes runs away when she sees me coming.

Great day in SD neighbor!
-Shea

Yes it is a VERY good day in SD. GO BOLTS! Pittsburgh, here we come!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back