Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oxeye
Yellow.jpg

Queen Anne's Lace and Hoverfly
Queen Anne's Lace and Hoverfly.jpg

Dean, you out did yourself with that hoverfly! Beautiful capture! :icon_salut: ...and the overall composition of the image - is marvelous.

Great photo Dean, The Queen Anne's Lace plant is a great wild flower but there is a look alike plant called the Poison Hemlock that is now growing in many areas of North America and especially along the Skyline Drive National Park. Even small amounts of the Poison Hemlock if ingested can result in death. Just thought I would mention this for anyone looking to take pictures of these beautiful wild flowers. Here is a link to the deadly plant with photo.
Ron
Conium maculatum - Wikipedia

I did not know that. Thank you for that link! I hope others will look at it, because there is a lot of good info there. I grew up on the Kentucky/Tennessee border in an agricultural environment. Plants like the QAL were just a nuisance to me, and I never took the time to enjoy the elements of it.

Hello Dean, No problem, I didn't know about Poison Hemlock either until my wife and I drove the Skyline Drive and saw the signs warning everyone. The Skyline is lousy with the stuff and every year they have problems with it but the Park Service is very hesitant to use any kind of herbicides for control. Go figure!

Most reactions

Back