Oyster Catcher catching the view

John 2

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was originally taken as a test shot to check out the quality of the new Fujifilm 70-300mm lens. Taken with the 70-300mm at full stretch+the 2x fuji adapter attached.

Oyster Catcher a copy.jpg

A one-legged Oystercatcher, good catch..... :encouragement:

Well composed shot.

Damn good test shot! That is impressive even for the 70-300 which I love love love. You got the 2x? I correct that it limits you to f11? How is the speed with the AF? What body are you using? I've been eyeing the 1.4x because of the aperture thing...

Are those tiny flees/flies hovering above him?

Thanks all for the comments.

@SquarePeg - This was on the X-T4 (Still haven't made up my mind about the X-T5). Yes you lose a couple of stops or so depending on what the focal length the lens is set at and reportedly, the AF does suffer but I'm bound to say that I haven't noticed that. On the other hand I haven't yet found the need to use the combination in low light. That might well make a difference. The 70-300mm is a very sharp lens but one thing that does not suffer with the 2x attached is IQ. I know that the 1.4x and the 2.0x are dedicated converters but even so, I might have expected to see some drop off but no sign so far. The big advantage for me is that the combination gives me 600mm of reach but is much easier to handle (less weight) than the 100-400mm plus the 1.4x. Yes, those are some flies of some kind taking an interest in the bird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back