? P, A, S, and M modes on Nikon help

Hey I am new to Photography as well and I have gotten a lot of good advice on this website...and I really have to agree that your best bet for getting a good beginning grasp on all the basics and fundamentals is picking up the Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. (I actually have it open right now next to my labtop, while watching the basketball game ;) ).

Look, I'm new, but I'm no fool. Perhaps I should have phrased my question better but I was hoping someone would direct me to a helpful resource, book, link, etc. so I could cut to the chase and not waste time looking but instead start learning and that is exactly what NOYZE did for me.:thumbup:
Post #7, paragraph #3. :mrgreen:

Look, I'm new, but I'm no fool. Perhaps I should have phrased my question better but I was hoping someone would direct me to a helpful resource, book, link, etc. so I could cut to the chase and not waste time looking but instead start learning and that is exactly what NOYZE did for me.:thumbup:
Post #7, paragraph #3. :mrgreen:

thank you, I actually didn't notice that my first time through.

general questions get general answers.

if the OP had specific questions surrounding the specific shooting modes he should have asked them. Otherwise the RTFM response is in fact the correct one for the question. All of the answers regarding what each of the modes does is explained right there

Wow... guys if you'll reread my opening thread you will clearly see I made a statement followed by the actual question.. which didn't ask how to use my camera but perhaps a resource (book, etc.) that would be well suited for learning. But anyway I've got what I needed so.. bye.

^^ You got a couple of links, a book recommendation and a couple of re-enforcements to read the manual.

What? I think everyone was trying to help. Perhaps I missed something....... like the actual question. Not to be pedantic, but
...but I want to understand my camera better
is not really a question, is it?

^^ You got a couple of links, a book recommendation and a couple of re-enforcements to read the manual.

What? I think everyone was trying to help. Perhaps I missed something....... like the actual question. Not to be pedantic, but
...but I want to understand my camera better
is not really a question, is it?

you really want to argue with the new guy that bad? I don't really accept the criticism from some of the posts helpful when I was simply asking for "suggestions? or books that would be good for learning?" I know there are lots of people on here that I'm sure have previously ran across helpful literature or links. I could spend all day 'Googling' but that is wasting time when I could go to a beginner forum and get advice from people with experience.
And, yes, you missed my question.

This is getting ridiculous. If you dont want to answer someones question, why bother? Is it to fellate your own egos so you can knock the "noobs" down a peg? So they asked a general question - oh no the damn sky is falling. Seriously some of you need to stop stalking the Beginners Forum and go put your elite guarded knowledge to use somewhere else.

i dont understand why people get so angry when people ask these kinds of questions...i mean, it IS the beginners forum.

Most reactions

Back