P&S To DSLR Help Me Out Guys

rohitabc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

This is Rohit from India, i m using canon S3 from last three years and now is the time to upgrade to DSLR :) .

Pls let me know the best available DSLR under the budget 1200 USD..

I have made my mind for Nikon D90 but need your advice for the same.

Also want to know the main difference between the above and nikon D5000

Regards
Rohit.

Welcome Rohit, and congratulations on your decision to make the leap.

Having owned both of those bodies, here is my experience.

Both cameras will produce the same image quality (yes, I tested it... they are identical).

The D5000 is quieter, smaller, and has more scene modes built in. It also has an intervalometer so you can set it up to take a photo every hour, minute, second, etc. if you'd like. The menu screen also rotates if you turn your camera to portrait, then back when you go to landscape. Speaking of the screen, it's smaller and has less resolution but it flips down - can be kind of handy at times.

The D90 has a top LCD display, wireless commander mode for controlling off camera flash like the Nikon SB-600, 800, 900 flash units, dual command dials, internal focus motor and from what I could feel, better build quality.

Weigh the differences in features and see which is more important to you, you can't go wrong.

^ Thanks for the reply... Also just one more question, If D90 compared with 50D which the best option ?

Thanks

For me it was the D90 mainly because of the video capability... other than that they are fairly equal rivals.

Have you looked at any of these in person?

Most reactions

Back