paint it black

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
window090311.jpg

Quite a nice catch and a really inventive eye-grabbing conversion.

But, IMO, the issue with this is not that the pattern isn't interesting, it is that the pattern is repetitive and has several different spots that could be the center of interest.
Cropping or reshooting so that there is less repetition and a more obvious composition would, I think, improve it by focusing the viewer's eye and making a clear point about what the viewer should be looking at.

window090311lllll.jpg

I actually like that there isn't one point of interest. There are a lot of interesting lines and textures to look at.
My nit......I wish I could feel the texture of the paint splats more. ;)

I would love to see you crop the shot like The_Traveler suggested. It could be a nice shot.

Thanks for the comments, Lew and Mishele. I tried a crop like the one Lew suggested, and here it is

window090311p2.jpg

I can see how, in a classical way, the composition is better, but what I was going for was a mostly low-key scene with areas having different degrees of "black" separated by some lighter elements. For me, the original does this better, with the repetition serving to punctuate the different areas, and the paint splattered areas serving as bookends for the darker middle area.

Lew, what do you mean about the "conversion" - I assume you're not referring to b&w conversion, as this is an rgb file with a few bits of color?

Most reactions

Back