Painted Lady

Frisco2011Argosy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

This is a photo of a very cooperative butterfly known as a Painted Lady. They don't spook easily, which makes them great candidates for photography. This particular butterfly was sitting on a tombstone at a cemetery local to my hometown in Coal City, IL.

PaintedLady-1.jpg

Very nice amazing they would let someone get that close to them

Thank you, Sharksledge. The Painted Ladies seem to want to be photographed :) They don't even seem frightened if you get this close. This one had its wings closed when I first got up to it, and when I was focusing the camera, it spread its wings back out. A little bit of a ham don't you think? Thanks for the post.

lol they are kinda furry. They sort of look like a stuffed toy butterfly, or so others have told me :lol:

Several years ago we released these at my daughters wedding. We were expecting the great butterfly exodus. Unfortunately they just landed on and around everyone. They didn't fly away. lol we were all trying not to step on the butterflies. Some people got very protective of their butterfly and had to catch them and place them on a safe bush. It didn't go off like I'd planned but it made for a funny memory anyway.

Nice photo, love the detail.

Haha that sounds like them. They're just friendly butterflies, I guess. They're very beautiful though, definitely the perfect release for a wedding. I'm sure that was fun, despite the change of plans. :)

Very nice! And welcome to the forum neighbor!
Henry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back