Paintings with light and snow

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi friends,

Was fortunate enough to be present in Mall of America in Minneapolis to witness the ice castle created there. Got a few shots out of which the most favorite three are mentioned below.

Photos have been taken with Bronica SQ-Ai with 80mm f2.8 lens and Kodak Ektar 100 and developed and scanned by the awesome thedarkroom.com guys..

All I could say is wish my pictures could do even a little justice to the beauty of the castle ..

Snow amidst light by abhishekdg, on Flickr

Brush strokes with light and snow by abhishekdg, on Flickr

Painting with light and snow by abhishekdg, on Flickr

Last one is zen garden outside my window :D

Pastel colours by abhishekdg, on Flickr

I guess the ice castles are okay, however the best photo by far is the Zen Garden! I really like that shot, you should post some more of that area in this thread if you can.

Parker and Mully... can you explain what you see in the Zen Garden shot? I see nothing.

The images of the ice castle things could be VERY interesting with a little more aggressive cropping. I think those are the ones with the most potential. The Zen Garden thing seems little more than a snapshot.

Parker and Mully... can you explain what you see in the Zen Garden shot? I see nothing.

The images of the ice castle things could be VERY interesting with a little more aggressive cropping. I think those are the ones with the most potential. The Zen Garden thing seems little more than a snapshot.

Golden ratio baby.

Thanks guys for the critique and suggestions.
Well to be frank, the best image I like is the Zen garden too.. To me the composition, light, the bulb lit door adds a lot to the mood of the scene. I deeply appreciate all your feedback.

Regarding the ice castles, well may be you are right. But I never crop my images.. I feel I should make it perfect out of my camera and working towards it..This is also one of the main reasons i love films. It not cheap and I tend to think a lot more before clicking the image :)..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back