Panasonic GH4 Focusing Issue?

MementoMori5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 with a Metabones Nikon G & F Lens to Micro Four Thirds Mount Speed Booster, and a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens. When I look through the viewfinder, and I'm focusing manually, it seems to be focused correctly, and even seems to be fine when reviewing the pictures on the camera's screen, but when I upload the pictures to my computer, many of them are soft. Can this be a problem with the lens, speed booster, or camera, or is it something I'm doing wrong? I'm no professional, but photography has been a hobby of mine for many years, and I've never had this problem before. This is also the first time I've ever used a speed booster.

Any help or opinions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Upload a sample please,

It could be depth of field to narrow at f1.8, is the viewfinder dioptre set correctly?, lens are rarely sharpest at their minimum and maximum apture, f5.6-f8 is normally sharpest, does your camera support a magnified image when manually focusing if so use it, is your shutter speed high enough to prevent softness caused by small camera movements.

John

Are you zooming in to the shot on the rear LCD?

Are you using the focus peaking?

Most reactions

Back