Panasonic LX3 is great

Yeah, pretty close to that I guess. The press release reads:

"Panasonic has today announced the Lumix DMC-LX3. The camera is aimed at DSLR users who are looking for a compact camera to complement their existing SLR gear. Consequently the LX3 comes with comprehensive manual controls and a fast F2.0-F2.8 24-60mm (35mm equivalent) Leica DC Vario-Summicron lens. Images are captured on a 1/1.63-inch CCD sensor sporting 10.1 million effective pixels. The Lumix DMC-LX3 will be available in the UK from August at £399.99."

And £399.99 is $789.559 as of yesterday.

Man I must acquire one of these. Except for the lack of tele, it is an ideal p&s. The sensor remains at 10mp, but they made the individual photodiodes larger for better noise and sensitivity- to 3200. Accessory shoe-mounted 24mm viewfinder. Full manual. What's not to like? It would make a worthy replacement for my beloved NV11. Looky-$499.

Review
another

It's an unusable POS. I have the previous model, which is nearly identical.

I got the Canon G9, and they just announced the G10.

I have been singing the praises of a high-end compact for a long time, and I have mine with me all the time. The best camera in the world is worthless if it's at home, so a little one is a great thing to have in the bag.

...but my D-Lux 3 (the Leica version, now called the D-Lux 4) sucks. The sensor creates extremely noisy files above ISO 200, and the different functions are not intuitive.

Hmm, maybe I'll stick with my NV11 then- it sux at anything over ISO 200 as well, but the intuitive "non-menu" controls are totally cool and the Schneider lens is very good. :no smile:

Most reactions

Back