What's new

Panna Cottage

I think the composition is not that appealing.... do you have some other shot from the same spot?
 
Too shallow dof. Both the front and back of the predominant bowl are out of focus.
 
I think the composition is not that appealing.... do you have some other shot from the same spot?
Darn. -_- But I can see what you mean now. I don't have any, the family ate all but 1 of them, I believe. But I'll be trying it again soon!
Too shallow dof. Both the front and back of the predominant bowl are out of focus.
But-but-but I used like f/10! :x Stupid aperture science working like bad witchcraft and whatnot. :grumpy:
 
F/10 really isn't terribly small. Whether on your phone or computer, find a free dof calculator and play with it.

Looking at my camera and what I would use (35 mm focal), guessing a subject distance of around 18 inches, f/10, I'm getting dof of about 2.5 inches. Your bowl is bigger than that. For comparison, bumping it to f/22 only gives me a dof of less than 6 inches, and it looks like your bowl is still wider than that.

Basically, with my assumptions, that would be a nearly impossible shot to get an entire bowl in focus in one shot, so be more selective and intentional. Work the front of the bowl and let the back fade out of the focus.

But find a calculator and play - it will be enlightening.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom