Panned Goose

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They were making a fuss on the river as Miss Gabby and I were leaving for our morning walk so we went to check out what had them all riled up.
Turned out to be a lone male messing with the 3 pairs we have down there.
They put on quite the show, everyone leapfrogging up the river so I had a few good opportunities. Here is the best of the bunch :)
C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Canada Goose panned. by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Yeah, unattached males of almost any species tends to get into trouble... Very nice pan, great detail in the shoulders and the wing feathers, exposure is good, focus appears bang-on... But all that fine work is somewhat undermined by the dark background into which his tail, neck and head seem to fade into. Really, Judi, you have to teach your models to move to appropriate backgrounds.

And the title is misleading. I was thinking of a roasting pan... Made me hungry, you did.

Judi, a really nice Goose action image with great detail. It's well composed with those wings in the down position, but as pgriz said, the tail really blends into the background. I downloaded your photo and tried to do some editing, but there wasn't much to work with: JPEG 640 x 350. Looking at the Histogram, it's under exposed. I tried to lighten up the background behind the tail, but it just turns a solid shade of brown. Could you try a re-edit of your RAW file.

Thanks Pgriz and Joel .

Lol Pgriz, don't they say never work with children or animals?
I see what you guys are saying now that I'm looking on my iPod. Thanks for checking out the exposure Joel, I'll have another go at it and post the results... Perhaps it is salvageable . I have lots of them coming and going but I seem to miss this middle dead on shot more often than not.

This one is still on the list to play with, I'm trying to keep up with myself and not doing well lol.
Today they got up higher and out of the shadows ;)

Most reactions

Back