Panoramic

posted this in the gallery awhile back.. thought it would fit nicely here...
24.jpg

Wow, some great photos here. For those that didn't blend the greatest, it's imperative that nothing is set to "auto". Not the white balance, shutter, aperature, ISO, blah blah. Probably kind of obvious, but my first ones never turned out due to not doing that.

panorama%20bong.jpg

Many camera's come with software that will 'stitch' the photos together. You can do it yourself in photoshop of course, but generally the software does a better job. (not always).

One big problem is lens rotation however, to get the photo to look proper you need a lens mounted tripod, where the lens rotates on it's focal point. having the camera mounted means it will distort to an extant. I really want a lens mount to take these better. Most of mine don't work properly because of that.

The lens mount isn't required but it definately helps.

Check your camera software see if it came with photo stitch software. I know most canon comes with it. And there are other companies that make it as well. They are a blast though. Have fun.

From my other post : it's imperative that nothing is set to "auto". Not the white balance, shutter, aperature, ISO, blah blah. Probably kind of obvious, but my first ones never turned out due to leaving the white balance on 'auto'.

cheers.

I took these several months ago. Still not the greatest as you can see the stitchs. This is really one big one but I cut it in half to make it easy to veiw

1.jpg

2.jpg

Might try this again from the same spot if the weather holds.

sorry one last question does a wideangle lens help or does it matter?
EDIT:...well maybe two...if my camera is all manual should I jsut keep the same settings or should I changes them to fit the lightmeter?

Doesn't really matter on lens angle. If you have wide enough you could just crop a panoramic ;)

Same settings. Use the lightmeter to get a rough idea of what settings will get the right exposure. Set the settings, then take however many pictures you are going to without changing a thing. Some parts of the panoramic will stay under exposed, while others over. But _overall_ it will look right in the end.

I'd then recommend doing a step up and down repeating all pictures incase you decide you like one of them better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back