Park with a view

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
taken from Centennial Olympic Park, Atlanta.
Looking at the iconic Westin hotel

C&C welcome.

image.jpg

Not great, not terrible.

The grey cloud stands out a lot, so the noise in the cloud hurts this image, IMO.

The tallest building is slanting to the right.

I would have waited until the joggers were out of the way. I know its a "scene" shot, but her red shirt stands out and draws the eye too much.

The light is a little flat, but that can be helped a little in post.

Looks like a great scene, so its a "win" overall.

So....quick and dirty edit would be to clone out the joggers ( better than I did ), straighten building, curves adjustment, noise reduction on sky alone, then inverse the selection to smart sharpen the rest, and there you have it.

My Edit -

image-2.jpg

Not great, not terrible.

The grey cloud stands out a lot, so the noise in the cloud hurts this image, IMO.

The tallest building is slanting to the right.

I would have waited until the joggers were out of the way. I know its a "scene" shot, but her red shirt stands out and draws the eye too much.

The light is a little flat, but that can be helped a little in post.

Looks like a great scene, so its a "win" overall.

So....quick and dirty edit would be to clone out the joggers ( better than I did ), straighten building, curves adjustment, noise reduction on sky alone, then inverse the selection to smart sharpen the rest, and there you have it.

My Edit -

View attachment 107048

Thanks for taking the time to critique that. Your effort is appreciated.
I actually considered cloning out the people. The lady is wearing a hot pink shirt. I changed the saturation level so it wasn't an eye sore, and decided they were decent in the scene. It looks good with them gone as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back