Parking lot racers....

BanditPhotographyNW

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend there was a national drag race event in Woodburn Or. called Import Face Off that myself and the shop I am part of competed in. We took 1st. in All Motor Sport and 1st. in Forced Induction Sport. I decided to take my lights for the camp out the night before and set up a shoot. So as many of you already know I am new to flash photography. This is the first time I have ever shot with flash outside as well as something as large as a car I have also never shot anything living with flash either so this is all new territory for me. That said I think out of like 200 shots these were pretty good lol. I welcome any and all feedback, thank you

One could nitpick, but all in all and considering you're new to using flash, these are pretty good. What lighting setup did you use?

Im also interested in exactly how you set up the lights and what type of lights

This was a 3 light set up using 2 alien bees AB800s and 1 AB1600. for the top light I used a Boom and a large soft box with the AB1600, the side light's/ rear light are the 2 ab800 and the shots with both cars also had 2 speedlights on the ground behind the front tire pointing at the opposing car. I also did a bunch of cloning to get the backgrounds to be clutter and light free. Thank you for the compliments.

oh and the other 2 lights were raw except for the shot with the driver that had a medium soft box as a sidelight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back