What's new

Path to the Top, and something strange...

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
1,866
Location
Appleton, WI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Path to the top by longm1985, on Flickr

Comments/critique always welcome. Shot on Ektar 100.

Something interesting happened with this. While I was shooting it, I forgot to stop down the aperture prior to firing the shutter. The first one was shot at f16, 1/400. Well, the lens wide open (it's a manual aperture) is a 2.8, so this SHOULD be several stops overexposed, I would imagine, right? Well, take a look:

Path, wide open by longm1985, on Flickr

No editing done, no settings changed in the scanner. Odd. It's overexposed, but not by nearly what I would imagine. Do that with my Canon and you have a white blank image.
 
yeah, interesting :)


and it's a bit leaned to the right
 
Yeah, I know. I need to bring my tripod on these shoots. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally miss my Acute Matte screen (would have bad it straight), but noooo the glass on top had to crack. Still, even with the screen that dark, I should be taking a little more time to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen.
 
I kinda dig the way the out of focus foreground areas are rendered by that lens. This is the older Kodak Ektar 80mm f/2.8 lens you own, and not your new 65mm lens, right?
 
off topic, but what time is it there for you guys?
 
Yup, it's the Ektar on Ektar. It's almost as if they were made for each other. ;)

That lens is absolute magic. I swear by it for smaller stuff like this. Now with my 35mm adapters, I should be able to use it more, which makes me VERY happy.
 
Maria, it's 1:30 AM.
 
sleeping time for you. Why don't you sleep!? ;)

working time for me :) no, no, I should say :(
 
I do most of my editing at night. But now that you mention it, it is bedtime, I'm thinking.
 
I can't remember when I was awake in that time of the night... kids changed everything... :)
 
For the last 14 years I worked nights. Was hard to break the cycle. But I have. This is the first night I haven't been in bed by 11 and asleep by midnight.
 
I've never been a morning person. I was learning at nights and did everything I could do at nights.

When I started to work after finishing my studies, (working day starts at 07 am), even that didn't help me to better function in mornings....Then, 3.5 years ago I gave birth to my first child and everything changed.

It truly was hard to change my habits. I just think that children need to go to sleep early and wake up early... So I had to wake up early with them... every morning, no weekends off :( and being soo tired at the end of the day, made me go to sleep earlier then ever before..

Now after some years of adjusting.. I'm a morning person.. I simply can't function at night. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom