Kent Frost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djspiral.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
patience.jpg

Kent this is brilliant. On my way to and from work every day there is a scene like this with 2 trees. I keep meaning to bring the camera and stop on the way home. In the evening the light adds to the shot. I could not dream of it turning out like this. Just a testbook landscape shot. Brilliant in all aspects. I cannot believe I am the first comment.

Excellent shot! Looks like the lighting might have been tough and you've got great results! I love the composition and shadow and the color of the sky.

Very nice shot, well composed and I love the color.

Another excellent piece of work!!! Love the colors and the composition...as said simple yet brilliant!!!

Thanks for all the comments. This was taken at Wilson's Creek National Battlefield just outside Springfield, MO.

Lensmeister said:
I love this shot so simple yet so beautiful.

How do you do that frame with the words ?

Well, I shoot with a 6.3MP camera that produces images at 3072x2048. Different dimensions could require different settings than the ones I'm giving you, but this'll give you an idea of how to do it. I use Photoshop.

1. Once the image is leveled out and the result is how you like it, set your background color to white. Go to Canvas Size (Image>Canvas Size), and view pixel dimensions. Set each dimension (Width & Height) 50 pixels higher. This will give the white border around the image.

2. Switch your background color from white to black. Go back to Canvas Size and view W&H percentage instead of pixel dimension. If horizontal, like the pic above, set width to 115%, and height to 120%. This will give you the thick black border.

3. Using the Marquee tool, select the whole image. Right click to get a drop down menu, and choose Stroke. In the Stroke window, set for "Inside", set the color to white and set the pixel count to 3. This will give the thin outline on the frame (I do this for posting on forums with black background).

4. Using the Titling tool, type in the title of the photo using your favorite font (I use Bell MT). I usually just eye the centering.

I like it, and Kent you seem to be brilliant at shots, and I really admire your work....just would prefere that tree a little towards the side, but im not saying im better than you in any way...

Artemis said:
just would prefere that tree a little towards the side, but im not saying im better than you in any way...

Ha...you don't have to defend your opinion. Especially not like that. You're entitled.

Very nice composition.. I like the way one of the branches is to the right while the shadow is to the left and into the middle giving it a balance..

Wow, this shot is so beautifully simple. The colors are gorgeous... it's so serene. I wish we had even an acre of open space like that over here in the 'burbs. :(

B U tiful!! thaks for the framing tutorial too...I've been trying to figure a good way to do that myself :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back