patriotic knot fan....

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
**i heard the news today...

seems my life is gonna change...(creed)**

that statment could not be any truer... my son, knot fan, a.k.a. caleb,
called me and confirmed...

he has joined the united states airforce...he leaves me for the first time in our lives, on january 24th...

now i know what the term bittersweet means...

i am so proud of him... and i know he will return to me a different man..

its kinda hard to think of him being so far from family and friends...but i can assure you that he has such a great personality..and he makes friends with each and every person he meets... he has such a gift with making everyone around him smile, and laugh....

i think the only bad part, i cant be in his life everyday... and i know some of you have experienced this already... but after reading all the new babies on here, it really shows me how dang fast that time is gone...

enjoy your little ones while you have them...for far too soon, they will have to walk away from your hands....even if they are outstretched, wanting to hold them back with you...

i'm very proud of you caleb... and i know you will read this... thanks for wanting to willingly serve your country... and thanks for always being not only my sweet little boy, but for being my friend. and as He has your whole life, God will be with you now, more than ever.
i love you. :heart:

I wish I'd known you were going to do this thread ... I started one, too.

Oh well ...

This one is for you, raven ... :hugs: You know I love you and I love the little knothead.

We'll make it.

You've already said it 'he'll return an even better man'! Don't worry too much there Mom, he'll do fine ;)

i know woodsac...thanks... and he has always been independent...worries more about me being out at night, than me worry about him at night...

nicole, sorry, never thought.....( wooh big surprise.. )

oh, enjoyed last night, silly cuz... wish you could hold your liquor!!!

aprilraven said:
i know woodsac...thanks... and he has always been independent...worries more about me being out at night, than me worry about him at night...

nicole, sorry, never thought.....( wooh big surprise.. )

oh, enjoyed last night, silly cuz... wish you could hold your liquor!!!
Let's stay on track here...

*start a new thread and tell us what she did* ;)

woodsac said:
*start a new thread and tell us what she did* ;)

I'll pm you with the details, dude ... the REAL story.:er:

woodsac said:
Haha!
If there's a story behind it...I can't wait :eyebrows:
You can't do this I'll PM you the story crap! I wan tot see a fight ;)

Post it here! :lol:

Oh, and I'm sure you're very proud :) I'll be praying that he stays safe.

clarinetJWD said:
You can't do this I'll PM you the story crap! I wan tot see a fight ;)

Post it here! :lol:

Oh, and I'm sure you're very proud :) I'll be praying that he stays safe.

thanks for the prayers clarinetjwd...your so sweet...

but i see the top of your post has that you want the story....fine, here it is...

me and pallie stayed out late last night..met by the river, and being the thirsty individual she is, she kinda had a few small trial type bottles that are no consequence...and yet, downed them both...

sad. but i saved her, made sure she got home ok...and went home, prayed for her for hours on my knees.., and i think things are ok now...

( what a load of crap, 'eh pallie????????)

QUICK! EVERYBODY GET YOUR FEET OFF THE FLOOR!!!

'Parently the BS is rolling through!

Here's the real story ...

It was a blustery, chilly night ... the stars were twinkling overhead ... the leaves were rustling faintly. A sliver of moon peeked through the tree branches. It was the perfect setting for the Cousins Grimm.

Perched on a picnic table atop a blanket, the Cousins Grimm sat ... pondering the happenings of their lives in the past week. Between them sat a plate piled high with pure comfort food, southern style: fried taters and bbq ribs. Also being shared were two bottles ... 'Cuervo Gold 'Ritas and Passion Fruit Rum Punch.

A 44oz cup of ice was christened with rum as the other was christened with 'ritas. They caught up on the day, snacked on ribs and potatoes and got down to bidness. Lives were hashed as two of our cherished ones are leaving for life in the military soon. We shared a few tears ... (just 'cause we're Grimms doesn't mean we can't be all girlie and stuff sometimes, too!) shared a few toasts and planned our next series of road trips. They are, however, subject to change as we don't know yet where the aforementioned cherished ones will be stationed, but it's looking good for the east coast ... and Alaska.

Then it was time for 'Ask the Rum'. Having half emptied the bottles ... (hic) we made up our own game ... (hic ... sway ...) and as we didn't have a Magic 8 Ball, we played 'Ask the Rum'.

Now, Raven ... would you like to revise your story ... or shall I tell some of the questions?

rock on my grimm sister..

besides, how did you see the leaves rustle from under the table.????

how many times did i have to borrow the bathroom at riverside??? they think i have certain unattainable kidney problems...then your beating the d*mn door down, and then thought i would fall off the floor (since that was where i was at the time...) when as we head out of the little store, two hundred and twelve people we know standing there, and you grab your sack..( what one sack??) and i am heading out the door trying to stay erect...( make up your own jokes...) you say, out loud... really out loud, " what? am i the guy in this relationship?? i got the bag, go on.."

:shock:

after i turned off to my road, and you kept on the straight and narrow...i realized after i had blinked my lights to you.... i was still blinking them... have no idea why..guess i was s.o.s.'in ya from a far....( or as the wise men, from afire...)

started giggling... could not quit... get home to hippie deacon...and tried my dangest to act all normal.....almost had the sucker fooled... until he said, man, i wish john denver was on......

:cyclops: :drunk: :taped sh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

lost it! went to my knees howling... laughing my ever loving arse off...

dont believe i could have fooled him after that...so i fessed up....
later i will tell you what he really said.... but
supper was quiet after that..... real quiet... where is football when you really need it??? all we had was e.r. and i started bawling like a baby over it.... :mrgreen: :drunk:

but heck fire, can you say sleep like the dead??? i was so far gone, when i woke up, there were buzzards outside the window..just knowing they had a buffet on the way....
thought, sheeze.. no wonder people like to drink at night...

( i cant take you anywhere......!!!:hug:: )

you gotta quit the polka dancing on the top of the picnic table...:eek:ldman:

Now I KNOW you were hammered. Who the heck were you drinking with ... cause it sure wasn't me with THAT story ...

I could hear the leaves rustle because I was the one draggin' your sorry butt out from under there because you decided ... all of a sudden ... to chase the lizzard (make up your own jokes).

The door to riverside will certainly never be the same ... as the patrons will never be the same. It's not often, especially in a dry county, for a bunch of rednecks to hear "Come on in, boys ... bar's in the back!" as you smack the redneck on the butt ... :confused:

I worried and pondered as to how you made it going home ... knew I should have followed you ... as I was the only one sober. Please ... for the love of Pete and his uncle ... tell me you didn't actually try to cook when you got home?!? The label clearly stated "Be Wise .. .Don't Drink and Drive ... or attempt to cook!". As for Hippe Deacon ... you're a grown woman ... do you have to ask permission to throw back a couple with your Pallie?!? (I didn't even tell The Preacher I'd had three sips ... figured since you horded the cups and didn't share ... it wasn't worth mentioning.)

I figured you'd sleep well. REAL well ... if the concentration of rum and Cuervo was correct ...

It wasn't polka dancing ... if I'd have had the proper music ... that one little tree would have made a great pole and I could show you what I learned at stripper dust camp last summer!

p.s. Your signature is a little sick ... eh?

think its a bit much? the signature..not the rum...( cant spell cuereaivo...what evah...)

its a good thing we are in off topics, we cant stay on just one...we gotta cover a few...

none the less...you know as well as i that husbands claim fairness for both working and both taking responsibility...but no chick's life is her own, there is not a one that can say she doesnt hide something.... a reciept to her fav clothing store, or makeup.. or even from inlaws when they call..there is something ever woman hides from her man.... ever single woman....

Most reactions

Back