What's new

Patterns and Uneveness

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
265
Location
Sudbury
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.

8132541625_5ac783dcdd_b.jpg
[/URL] Rectanngles by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

2.

8132538369_08cd3a2321_b.jpg
[/URL] Rule of Thirds by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]\

3.

8132558101_a090c7394b_b.jpg
[/URL] Aged by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

4.

8139927241_25b67af994_b.jpg
[/URL] Patterns 1 - Colour by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
I like #3 a lot for the texture and color, and also the framing. It looks like it's about to fall down.

#1 & 2 are a little bland compositionally. Yeah, I know #2 follows the ROT, but there just isn't anything interesting at the points. It also bothers me that it's not taken straight-on. I'd prefer a close-up of the peeling paint on the beam, but I realize I have strange tastes.

#4 is not bad, but what really draws me is the lower window. I think just filling the frame with that could work.
 
I like #3 a lot for the texture and color, and also the framing. It looks like it's about to fall down.

#3 is my favorite also, I'm actually quite surprised that door hasn't fallen especially when you see the rest of the building.

#1 & 2 are a little bland compositionally. Yeah, I know #2 follows the ROT, but there just isn't anything interesting at the points. It also bothers me that it's not taken straight-on. I'd prefer a close-up of the peeling paint on the beam, but I realize I have strange tastes.

I was trying something new with the ROT by shooting on an angle. I wasn't sure about it myself but was curious to know what others thought. I contemplated shooting just the peeling pain on the beam, however I've done that a few times already and wanted to try and find other aspects to shoot.

#4 is not bad, but what really draws me is the lower window. I think just filling the frame with that could work.

Hmm, I have a few shots that I may be able to crop in that way, I will have to try it out.

Thanks for the CC Ken, much appreciated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom