Paul McCartney

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I went to his show last night. Had high hopes. It was ok, nothing as spectacular as his show of two years ago. Lots of Wings tunes, a few Beatles. The problem was mainly the amplification system, it was distorting the sound quite a lot and could't hear Paul too well.

Also, I got the feeling that Paul is losing a bit his ability to sing, maybe he was tired from the other shows. But... considering his age, at 63 he still rocks!!!

One plus though, the visuals were absolutely phenomenal! Best in show!

They probably had a work experience kid flying the PA. :lol:

He is a fine muso, i'd definitely attend one of his shows if he comes to Australia. :)

Is he touring with the same backup band, Mitica? Those guys were amazing! They worked beautifully together as a 5-piece band, switching out instruments and working their butts off. I could not have been happier. :thumbup:

What a pity the sound quality was poor. I'd be very dismayed if it all came down to that spoiling the show. :x

We missed him in Atlanta this time around; it was too close to heading out west and we couldn't cough up the bucks. But I still hope to see him again, as long as he's in the mood to tour. :)

Voice quality at the age of 63 will be a catch as you can thing. We saw Brian Wilson on the "Pet Sounds" tour and he sounded a bit frail sometimes. Then just last year we saw him again for the "Smile" tour and he was outstanding!! He was in perfect voice, up and moving about, playing the Strat - it was amazing. Anytime you get the chance to see either of those shows, GO! If he feels like doing them again. A real experience for any music lover. :heart:

clarinetJWD said:
I haven't heard him in anything other than the Beatles. I think I need to pick up a CD or something :D
Holy crap!! You're missing out on a huge body of work. You've probably heard of several Wings songs, maybe just don't know you know them? ;)

All his solo stuff....? From as far back as "McCartney" to the recent "Driving Rain", and tons of other projects in between, he really is an incredible songwriter and musician.

terri said:
Is he touring with the same backup band, Mitica? Those guys were amazing! They worked beautifully together as a 5-piece band, switching out instruments and working their butts off. I could not have been happier. :thumbup:

What a pity the sound quality was poor. I'd be very dismayed if it all came down to that spoiling the show. :x

We missed him in Atlanta this time around; it was too close to heading out west and we couldn't cough up the bucks. But I still hope to see him again, as long as he's in the mood to tour. :)

Voice quality at the age of 63 will be a catch as you can thing. We saw Brian Wilson on the "Pet Sounds" tour and he sounded a bit frail sometimes. Then just last year we saw him again for the "Smile" tour and he was outstanding!! He was in perfect voice, up and moving about, playing the Strat - it was amazing. Anytime you get the chance to see either of those shows, GO! If he feels like doing them again. A real experience for any music lover. :heart:

Yes, the same band members. Same awesome drummer and guitars as well as the keyboard player.

They did a great rendition of "Live and Let Die" with pyrotechnics that I have never seen before. Also, the entire stage they performed on was made up of TV monitors hooked up to a special effects computer. Same was for the background.

Other songs, the oldies from the Beatles era such as Penny Lane, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude were also great but there was something missing. Especially when the trumpets kick it up in Penny Lane, the synthesizer was not properly matched so it sounded pretty muffled. Oh well...

That's a travesty. You don't screw up Eleanor Rigby. :grumpy: Or any of those songs, for that matter.

He's been doing "Live and Let Die" with those crazy pyrotechnics for a while now. Isn't it cool? :lol:

Yep, gotta luv that drummer - he is amazing! I think the guitarist is hot, too. :blushing: I'm so happy you got that band - they play beautifully together!

He did a new song as well from his new album "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard", pretty cool.

Several pieces though, his band overdid as in over-soloed. Too much going on, I pretty much like the simple stuff like the Beatles used to put out.

But yeah, happy experience overall... :)

clarinetJWD said:
I haven't heard him in anything other than the Beatles. I think I need to pick up a CD or something :D

Try this one, it is one of my favorites
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000I7KL/104-5950130-4915940?v=glance#product-details"]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000I7KL/104-5950130-4915940?v=glance#product-details[/ame]

clarinetJWD said:

...and you don't want to unless you pick up his self titled CD "mccartney". obviously just my personal opinion :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back