pearls, promise, promiscuity - may not be work safe

motcon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
group-11.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i adore hie for people work. less than 1% of my hie is the typical 'dark sky, puffy white clouds and foliage, and thrown in junk for shadow values'. that said.....

hie2.jpg

f100
hie@200
#25 filter
deved in xtol
selenium toned

if your monitor is not calibrated to view photos on the web, i promise that this will look funky.

I love HIE for portraiture - it really imparts a luminescence to the skin that sets it apart. Gorgeous!! I'm not 100% certain I like the crop here, cropping out the left breast and part of the shoulder is throwing my eye off on this nude. But then I don't have the benefit of seeing the entire image. Beautiful catchlights here.

Overall, great portrait!

signed,
Terri (who really adores HIE for landscapes - the dark sky/poufy white clouds/white foliage thing, and stark barren desolate images too! So nyahhh. :p ) :wink:

nudes are landscapes. ;)

that said, left breast intentionally cropped as it was far too weighted to the lrc. the crop forces focus on the 1/3 urc and um.

i have shot a lot of 'olan mills' portraiture with appendages and other crap 'in frame' just because convention(?) requires it. outside of that, i shoot emotively and cerebrally.

the real question is, 'does this leave you with any feeling of the subject?'

The answer to the last question is Yes - positive reaction to a beautiful image. I was pretty sure the crop was intentional, but thanks for the clarification on that! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back