Pelican hard case with dividers.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at this case as a way to store my 2 camera bodies, 5 lenses, 3 speedlights and all the other associated crap that comes with the territory. It's watertight, dust proof, indestructible and looks cool. I planned to store my equipment in the basement where it's cool and has more moisture than upstairs.

Does anybody own a case like this or have an opinion as to whether this is a good way to store equipment long term?

Thanks!

Pelican 1450 Case with Dividers (Yellow) 1450-004-240 B&H Photo

Indestructable, fire-resistant, waterproof, dust-proof - all sound like good long-term storage attributes to me.

Get 2 or 3 of the Pelican reusable desicant packs too to keep in the case. - Pelican 1500d Desiccant Silica Gel

I only ever owned 10 or so Pelican cases over the years.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I own a 1510 for travel and a 1600 for lens storage. Love my Pelicans.

But, back to my original question before I was hijacked by my fellow Texican ( :mrgreen: ), why is the larger case less expensive? Any ideas?

cant' really go wrong with pelican, skb or storm....whether for cameras, firearms, or other equipment.

Did you get the orange one, or was that just the first link you found or something? I could see that on a boat or plane, but I don't know if I'd want a big bright International Orange camera case...

I don't have one, but I want one, lol. We use them a lot at work (half the time, the case costs more than what's inside it...), so I get to play around with them a lot, I just don't have one at home.

But, back to my original question before I was hijacked by my fellow Texican ( :mrgreen: ), why is the larger case less expensive? Any ideas?
My guess is the same reason tires in common sizes are cheaper - the larger size is probably just a more common size, thus - they make more of them, lowering the per-unit cost.

Last edited:
Put a radioactive decal on it too. I deal with TSA all the time and they struggle with normal baggage. Can't imagine them trying to figure out anything
bigthumb.gif

Radioactive-Material-Safety-Label-LB-0449.gif

^^^
Now that would go good with the orange case...

I've been looking at something like this as well. let us know how you like it when you get it.

Most reactions

Back