gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my second visit to the Pennsylvania Capitol building. During my first visit, I was able to photograph all of the chambers (i.e, Senate, House, Supreme Court) as well as the rotunda and various corridors. This time, my access was more restricted.

I arrived on a Friday about 30 minutes before closing. My plan all along was to spend Saturday morning doing most of my serious photography in the building. As I entered the capitol, I asked if the chambers were open. I was told that both the Senate and House were open. During my prior visit, the chambers were not fully lit--the chandeliers were dark. To my surprise, the chandeliers were lit this time. And, that added significantly to the beauty.

I decided to skip the Senate and move right to the House because I remembered that the House was far more impressive--and I was afraid I might run out of time. I spent about 15 minutes capturing images of the House chamber from the balcony before moving back to the Senate. By then, the Senate doors were locked!

I am glad that I rushed to get those pictures of the House because the next morning (Saturday) I was told that visitors were only permitted on the rotunda floor--no chambers, no stairs, no corridors! I ended up coming up with all sorts of compositions of that ceiling from within a very small working distance.

A couple of other photography things came to mind...I couldn't be happier with the D850 and how it makes it so much easier for me to line up these ceiling pictures. The focus peaking is a godsend. And, no matter how much I try to cut back on the weight I carry, I almost always found myself using four different lenses for all of my photo shoots. Even with the restricted space on the rotunda floor, I used the 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 and fisheye.

So, here are the photos:

1- Downtown Harrisburg
p3548048954-5.jpg

2- Rotunda ceiling
p3548048827-5.jpg

3- House chamber
p3546777310-5.jpg

p3548048832-5.jpg

p3548049013-5.jpg

p3548049104-5.jpg

p3548048829-5.jpg

p3548048950-5.jpg

p3548048828-5.jpg

p3548048952-5.jpg

p3548048951-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Amazing quality. Amazing imagery.

Very good and interesting shots............

Welcome to my neck of the woods! Nice set!

Hope you grabbed a coffee at Little Amps, or a glass of wine at Cork and Fork, both of which were right behind you in #10.

Amazing quality. Amazing imagery.
Thank you
Very good and interesting shots............
Thanks again, Jeff
I always know before I click on your threads that it will be time well spent.
Thanks Dean...much appreciated
Welcome to my neck of the woods! Nice set!

Hope you grabbed a coffee at Little Amps, or a glass of wine at Cork and Fork, both of which were right behind you in #10.
Thanks...unfortunately I didn't go into either of those establishments.

Glenn

Most reactions

Back