What's new

Penny for your thoughts?

rickabobaloey

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 14, 2010
Messages
180
Reaction score
3
Location
Michigan, U.S.A.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4726852455_4c1dae81df.jpg
 
Good concept ricky. I really like how long the penny's shadow is, and the angle of the light raking across the coin's surface is excellent. Nice shot.
 
Composition with a centered main subject, is better suited to a 1:1 aspect ratio frame.

A4726852455_4c1dae81df.jpg


Ah, yes, the 1:1 ratio definitely looks a lot better. Thanks for the edit to show the difference. :D

Good concept ricky. I really like how long the penny's shadow is, and the angle of the light raking across the coin's surface is excellent. Nice shot.

Thanks, Derrel! Appreciate the comment. I originally was going to try and capture my pen light (a little 10 lumen flashlight as small as a pen) but wasn't getting quite the affect I wanted. I'm not sure why I put the penny there in the light of the pen, but I liked the affect I got w/ it.
 
Composition with a centered main subject, is better suited to a 1:1 aspect ratio frame.

A4726852455_4c1dae81df.jpg


Ah, yes, the 1:1 ratio definitely looks a lot better. Thanks for the edit to show the difference. :D

Good concept ricky. I really like how long the penny's shadow is, and the angle of the light raking across the coin's surface is excellent. Nice shot.

Thanks, Derrel! Appreciate the comment. I originally was going to try and capture my pen light (a little 10 lumen flashlight as small as a pen) but wasn't getting quite the affect I wanted. I'm not sure why I put the penny there in the light of the pen, but I liked the affect I got w/ it.
I was guessing you used a small flashlight and should have also said it turned out well.

The diagonal gives it a sense of movement and speed that would be missing if the light was vertical or horizontal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom