Pentax K-1 Mark ii or Canon 90D

TheTickTockMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't decide which camera I should buy.

I am mostly looking to just do hobby photography, but if asked to help at a wedding I would. That was asked a lot of me before when I had a Nikon D40.

Plan is to use this camera until I die so trying to get the best without getting more than I will ever use.

Thoughts? Which would you buy?

Thanks

My last experience with Canon was around 1975, so I expect a lot has changed with them since then. :allteeth:

Pentax is another matter, I've been a die hard Pentaxian since the mid 60's. and currently have the K3II and the K1MII.

Neither one has ever gave me reason to regret the purchase. First off Pentax has maintained forward/backward compatibility on their bayonet mount glass. I love the fact that I can use legacy glass from days gone by without adapters, and know that what I buy today will work on bodies of the future. Even between the full frame and crop there is compatibility with the mount, though some lenses will result in vignetting on the full frame, which isn't really a problem if you switch the camera to crop frame mode. The ergonomics of design on the K1MII is well thought out and feels comfortable in use. Very easy to adjust on the fly without removing your eye from the view finder.

I prefer the shake reduction in the camera as opposed to in the lens, and feel the 5 axis system is superior to anything else. Whether I'm on tripod or hand held its doing it's magic, making hand held shots at extremely slow shutters possible. My avatar is an extreme crop of a handheld shot at 1/25 shutter, of a laser light show on the side of a mountain.

A feature that the K1MII expanded on is Pixel Shift, making hand held, motion correction shots possible. Then there's highlight and shadow correction adjustments in camera, which do an excellent job in difficult lighting. There's a host of other features for the "tech geek" if desired.

The only downside to the K1MII (and partly the reason I kept the K3II), is it's s a little heavy for me as a walk around body.

My last experience with Canon was around 1975, so I expect a lot has changed with them since then. :allteeth:

Pentax is another matter, I've been a die hard Pentaxian since the mid 60's. and currently have the K3II and the K1MII.

Neither one has ever gave me reason to regret the purchase. First off Pentax has maintained forward/backward compatibility on their bayonet mount glass. I love the fact that I can use legacy glass from days gone by without adapters, and know that what I buy today will work on bodies of the future. Even between the full frame and crop there is compatibility with the mount, though some lenses will result in vignetting on the full frame, which isn't really a problem if you switch the camera to crop frame mode. The ergonomics of design on the K1MII is well thought out and feels comfortable in use. Very easy to adjust on the fly without removing your eye from the view finder.

I prefer the shake reduction in the camera as opposed to in the lens, and feel the 5 axis system is superior to anything else. Whether I'm on tripod or hand held its doing it's magic, making hand held shots at extremely slow shutters possible. My avatar is an extreme crop of a handheld shot at 1/25 shutter, of a laser light show on the side of a mountain.

A feature that the K1MII expanded on is Pixel Shift, making hand held, motion correction shots possible. Then there's highlight and shadow correction adjustments in camera, which do an excellent job in difficult lighting. There's a host of other features for the "tech geek" if desired.

The only downside to the K1MII (and partly the reason I kept the K3II), is it's s a little heavy for me as a walk around body.

Thank you. You gave me a lot to think about.

Starting new what lenses would you suggest I buy for the Pentax?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back