pentax k-mount adapter

however iPhoto17 [op] is addressing another issue as well. Please look up a few posts, " ...but the d3000 is cheaper to shoot with." Do you have a suggestion for iPhoto17?

I already made an alternative suggestion.... an older Pentax DSLR. See my original post.

what do i lose out of this besides auto-focus? i can care less about that, i actually prefer shooting with my k1000 but the d3000 is cheaper to shoot with
adapter with lens also changes slightly the focal length, in addition to decrease image quality. Actually, among current dSLRs, Nikon is the only one that needs optical adapters to mount many old lenses.

Yeah except Canon FD lenses on EOS bodies.

Take a look at 5D mkII, many spend hundreds of dollars to buy a LCD scope to avoid to look through viewfinder.
You are wrong about the manual focus, the only way to focus the Pentax lens is the old way, by the lens.

I think you need to think long and hard about the things you're saying before you say them.​ Stop using the computer while unattended please.

what do i lose out of this besides auto-focus? i can care less about that, i actually prefer shooting with my k1000 but the d3000 is cheaper to shoot with
adapter with lens also changes slightly the focal length, in addition to decrease image quality. Actually, among current dSLRs, Nikon is the only one that needs optical adapters to mount many old lenses.

Yeah except Canon FD lenses on EOS bodies.

true!

While we're on the subject.....I have an old Pentax K1000 film camera with a lot of lenses. Can I use any of those lenses on my D200? What kind of an adapter would I need if I could? Or did I miss something somewhere along the line here! :)

Because of the back flange distance, it is almost impossible to use other SLR system lenses on a Nikon SLR without compromising. You either lose infinity focus, or you have to use an adapter that has a group of lenses, which degrades overall optical quality.

The Nikon K mount adapter has to have optics in it? Wow, that has to be a truly horrible way to attempt to use K-mount lenses. Why not just buy a K50 body or one of the K-5II bodies floating around for crazy discounts right now? These current bodies will give you excellent results with all of your old Pentax glass. Also the K50, K-01, and K-3 all have focus peaking, which is awesome and just what you need for older manual lenses.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back