Pentax K10D

JCorwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Pentax K10d:drool: as my first DSLR......I can't wait til it gets here so I can play. I also ordered the magic lantern guide to help, since I an a complete newbie.:thumbup:

Jeff

congratulations :)

from what i heard it is a nice camera.

for technical terms, also wikipedia can be a friend, or google :)

i am sure others can recommend good books. and then there is always the forum :)

I've had mine for a little over 6 months now and have been very pleased with it. I think you made a good choice as it is a very good competitor in today's current line up. You will be pleased with it.

Congratulations;

Be sure that you will like it a lot. K10D is my first DSRL like you, and I am very happy of have chosen it. In the forum you can find a lot of shooting details. Also in green mode and P mode you can practice the adjustments.

good camera choice man...enjoy n your new camera!! haha i still remember my SLR and my 1st DSLR those moments hahaa

You are obviously a man of discerning taste and style. Anyone who uses Pentax gear and wears a Nolan helmet is okay in my book. Now, if you ride a V-Strom we were probably separated at birth!

I kid! ;)

I think you'll enjoy the k10d. I'm replacing my somewhat bashed *istD in the next month or two with a k10d. Unless Pentax makes the pending new body too irresistible.

Enjoy your new camera. :thumbup:

I have a K10D as my first as well.... its blowing my mind

You are obviously a man of discerning taste and style. Anyone who uses Pentax gear and wears a Nolan helmet is okay in my book. Now, if you ride a V-Strom we were probably separated at birth!

I kid! ;)

I think you'll enjoy the k10d. I'm replacing my somewhat bashed *istD in the next month or two with a k10d. Unless Pentax makes the pending new body too irresistible.

Enjoy your new camera. :thumbup:

Honda ST1300 :thumbup: I am a Strom fan, though!!

Very nice choice, I was considering one before I got my D80. If I didn't get this I would have probably ended up with a K10D. I think you'll like it a lot.

I received it yesterday (took awhile for Amazon's "free" shipping). I have to admit, I am intimidated! I'm used to little point and shoot cameras. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and play a bit with it.

Congrats! :mrgreen:

I received it yesterday (took awhile for Amazon's "free" shipping). I have to admit, I am intimidated! I'm used to little point and shoot cameras. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and play a bit with it.

Congrats, Get out and play with it! Great camera, I love mine!

thanks for the great links, Mike. Unfortunatly I didn't get much of a chance to play with the K10D today, but I am INSPIRED to finish reading "Understanding Exposure" this week!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back