Pentax's new SLR for the Imerpial Stormtrooper!

That's awesome. As far as gimmickry goes, pretty colors beat stupid video modes or live view in my book (Seriously? Live view?). Pentax has a heritage of love-it-or-hate-it color options, and I'm glad to see them doing something different that relates to their heritage. If it were a white 5D, people would probably be going crazy about how "pro" it was. It's not like anyone's being forced to buy it. If you don't like it, don't go to the effort if tracking one down.

Come on, have you all forgotten the Miami Special?

Pentax_LXGold_Arsenal.jpg

But that Pentax is a work of art. I dont think you were actually supposed to use it. Hell that thing would get you mugged now.

Personally I think it looks a lot like a Canon white lens copy cat on crack. :lol:

Now the gold Pentax on the other hand looks cool.

Holy cow. Is that an Asahi f1.2 lens on there? Nice! I find the gold a bit tacky, but I sure wouldn't complain if I received this thing as a gift :D

There must have been two dozen "special" editions of M6 out of the Leica shop. It was getting out of hand.......

Everyone has done gold
Leica M4-2 Gold

one for those Jaguar car owners
Leica M6 Jaguar XK

one to celebrate Leica go to the public stock exchange
Leica M6 Ein Stuck

another gold for Thailand
Leica M6 Gold Thailand

even another specifically for the Royal Danish wedding
Leica M6 Royal Danish Wedding

HEHEHE lol... there's a lot more

My M6 is a Titanium classic with some sort of funky Ostrich leather... not near as valuable as other "special" versions but hey... makes for a great user as the surface is very scratch resistant. Can't afford the titanium lenses that were made for it though...

Holy cow. Is that an Asahi f1.2 lens on there? Nice! I find the gold a bit tacky, but I sure wouldn't complain if I received this thing as a gift :D

It is indeed the f/1.2. They made 300 of these to commemorate Pentax's 10,000,000th SLR (and people think Nikon's been in the SLR game a while).

I think I need to get my hands on one of those things and make a Pentax rap video.

Most reactions

Back