People in the City

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've always wanted to try some street photography. I love the results i have seen around here.
Anywho, now that im actually near a big city i gave it a go the other day (well like 2 months ago) I just scanned in about 300 negs and im working my way through them

Its way hard to get over my fear of carrying around a big long tele lens and pointing at peoples faces. I only have a 200mm so i still feel like i have to be reasonably close to get good shots

All of this is on HP5

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-3.jpg

i cant figure out a crop for this one, i want the guy more to the right but if i crop, then i loose the flat line on the top. I also cant decide if i like the beam of light comming out of his head...i dont know where that came from
7-2.jpg

as always C&C please :)

wow... I do love street photography! It always fascinated me... people surrounding us and not knowing that you photograph them are the best subjects to photograh for me. they are so spontaneus! A wonderful bokeh you have in the first one!

Your compositional skills here are very good, I do see some quality issues with your scans and they seem to lack some contrast, not enough mid-tones. You also did very well subject wise. I think color versions would have been as eqaully good.
Cosmo

The last one is my fave, but all are pretty decent. Im glad you shot them in B&W, they wouldnt look 1/2 as interesting in color. Nice shots!

unfortunatly i am a slave to the cheap walgreen scan.
Im pretty sure thier scanner is not optamized for B&W.
unfortunatly its 20 bucks at walgreens to scan 300 images
and 20 bucks to get 36 scanned professionaly....

Well done. Street is so much fun.

On the last image, #6. The white mark above the head I bet is a crimp in the negative. Looks like someone grabbed the negative and gave it a pinch, that is the kind of mark it would leave. I would check and see if the negative is damaged.

Eric

Great shots! I haven't been brave enough to try this myself yet but I love seeing other people's efforts. My favourite has to be #3, the expression on that guys face is priceless.

I like #2 the best. I like the sense of motion. I can actually "feel" him playing that guitar.

Good show.

#6 - I second the crimped neg thoughts. must be 35mm, 'cause that is a huge mark on the neg.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back