People on HDR

I've been meaning to ask for a few days now....... were those birds there by happy accident, or did you pp them in?

They were there in one of the shots! I got really lucky, around sunset there are always flock of birds.
Where exactly is the Halo? in the left upper quadrant? Im not sure if thats a Halo could be the Sun aswell, because it was right behind the column! But I will definitely work on that and on the sky! Thx alot for the advice!

The haloing follows the border between the sky and the walls/face/bush. Highlight smoothing will resolve this but at the cost of the sky density. There are some PS tricks to losing them without using highlight smoothing, though they are tough to explain.

Ok, so I've tried on a couple occasions to do HDR with people in the image. The subject has been facing the camera, and in the foreground of the picture. I noticed in the examples on this thread that persons are typically looking away from the camera, and not too close to the foreground. I haven't rendered any of these images into a satisfactory HDR image. I'm wondering if having the face of the subject too far forward in the image is just a no-no for HDR.

Bryan: Yes I try to put the Person not too close to the foreground, that would be a Portrait, and I dont know if Portraits work with HDR.... By incorporating people into my pictures I try to give it a scale, my pictures are not about the person in the photo, they are not the main object. I try to show them enjoying nature so the viewer can enjoy it with them;-)
Here is an other one from a Lake in Uruguay!

Paradise von Aliruo auf Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back