Pescadero State Beach at Sunset

Matt Tilghman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.matttilghman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's an old photo that I just got around to editing. The stretch of shoreline along California's Pacific Coast Highway between La Honda Road and Pescadero Road is one of my favorites. It has three state beaches in about three miles of coastline, including this one, Pescadero State Beach. I'm not sure why I like this coast so much. It's not the most dramatic in the area, nor is it the most gentle... but perhaps it's a good compromise between the two. The beaches are walkable and not treacherous, but there are still some nice cliffs to give them that Pacific Coast feel. They are also quieter than most beaches around here, and offer plenty of solitude.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you like it!

"Pescadero State Beach at Sunset"

Nice!

I checked out your website and you have some great photos on there :)

Nice work Matt, we're in the same locale. The San Mateo coast is unique in the way you describe. Checked out the site, some really nice work.

I grew up in CA and did a lot of surfing up that way...it is indeed a lovely coastline and much easier to traverse than Big Sur. Nice shot...I like it.

Yeah, that's a great place. About a mile and a half South of there is the turn off to Bean Hollow North's tide pools, which was always one of my favorite places to hang out.

Most reactions

Back