Pet photo time C&C welcome :D

AndyGoss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.andrewgoss.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So...here i am again with something else to throw my beginner camera skills at! this time pet photography with my pooch, Winston!

let me know what you think and how i could do it differently with not a lot of thought, if thats possible of course haha. I think if i were to shoot this again id get his paws and legs in the shot too.

IMG_0051.jpg

This one and the next photo are the same...this one is tweaked a little and #3 pic is not. please tell me people if i have done anything correct or not with the processing. in terms of what i was after in the photo, i just wanted to try get some close action.
IMG_0825ccopy.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

As with the rest of the pics to follow i was just trying to get some general pictures of winston playing, chilling, or what ever he was doing.With this shot I quickly learnt i should have focused on the eyes. if i can remember i had it on auto af selection points, for the rest i turned auto off and manually selected the middle point. if you look at it squinted or cross eyed a little it will look ok :D But seriously i was pretty gutted this shot wasn't focused well for my likings. I tried hard to get the same shot again but im sure you all know that doesnt happen so i have to make do with this. :( So if C&C this shot just try ignore the focus issues unless you have too :p
IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Thanks again in advance for anytime taken to let me know what im doing wrong, right, or what to add :D

Last edited:
I think #5 is the best of the lot... good exposure, good focus, leading lines, complimentary background, not cutting off any part of the dog, catchlight in the eye. The rest of your images suffer from at least one of these issues. It has a strong tilt, but it's not too distracting.

And I think your edit job on #2 is an improvement over #3.

Thanks for the feedback!

Is there like a general rule or anything on tilt? Like where to use stronger and where to use a lighter tilt?

#5 is my fave too.
But too many pics to scroll up and down through :/
#1 would have looked better in portrait and cut out the bit of pavement at the top, and as you said it would look better with legs/paws in! Also, his face looks a bit underexposed to me?

Focus is a bit off in some, #4 could have been a great shot :/ boooo.... I hate those where you love a photo and it's out of focus.

I'm no expert though! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back