Petting Zoo, Lost World of Tambun

ishafizan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
- at the petting zoo, Lost World of Tambun (Malaysia Water Park and Theme park, Lost World of Tambun Water Park Ipoh, Suncity Ipoh)
- all shots taken with canon 1000D and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
- C&C welcomed ... 1st outing and real workout with the 55-250mm

Green Iguana by ishafizan, on Flickr
Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 123 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV

Pygmy Marmoset (bad hair day) by ishafizan, on Flickr
Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 146 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV
ISO Speed 800

Gecko by ishafizan, on Flickr
Exposure 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 250 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV
ISO Speed 800

Burmese Python by ishafizan, on Flickr
Exposure 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 163 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV

suit of armor by ishafizan, on Flickr
Exposure 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 208 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV

Scarlet Macaw by ishafizan, on Flickr
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 163 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV
ISO Speed 800

Blue and yellow Macaw by ishafizan, on Flickr
Camera Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 250 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV
ISO Speed 800

African Grey Parrot by ishafizan, on Flickr
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 154 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV
ISO Speed 800

Bandit-masked raccoon by ishafizan, on Flickr
Exposure 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 146 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV

I think they are all pretty good. The only one I don't really like is #4. You can't see the eyes, and its hard to tell what is in focus.

I'm a parrot junkie and help with some parrots rescues ... your Scarlet Macaw is incorrectly tagged as such, it's actually a Green Wing Macaw (often confused, but the determining identifing marking is that Scarlet Macaws eye patches are completely white and the Greenwing Macaw has the feathers that can been seen in these pictures - and for the record, each feather pattern on a Green Wing Macaw is as individual as a human finger print) ... :blushing:

Pictures are wonderful otherwise, I love the texture of the snake scales and the feathers in all those parrot faces (the African Grey is an awesome look)!

willis_927 : tx. to think of it, u're right. i'll keep this in mind
molested_cow: yup ... that's the designated name for it :)
LBPhoto: i googled for the ID and looked at the pics of the species. tx a lot for correcting me!

each feather pattern on a Green Wing Macaw is as individual as a human finger print
WOW!

Nice. I agree with every one about number 4 though. A greater DOF would have been nice. Also Is that a halo around number 3? It could be the background but if you edited it, be careful.

Also one more ID correction from me, #3 is some sort of plated skink, not a gecko.

Great shots overall.

Nice shots, you were able to get nice and close and you made the most of it!

#8 is about near perfect. The lighting, coloration and DOF is beautiful :thumbup:

Nice. I agree with every one about number 4 though. A greater DOF would have been nice. Also Is that a halo around number 3? It could be the background but if you edited it, be careful.
Also one more ID correction from me, #3 is some sort of plated skink, not a gecko.
Great shots overall.

- didnt edit the background, but i adjusted the mid/high contrast to bring out the details and colors on the skin
- i saw the sign on the window 'gecko' ... but a quick google revealed something else. it does look more like a skink. i'll leave the ID empty as for now

myfotoguy, Trever1t
thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back