Pez Lover

oldmacman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mcavoyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of several product outfits shot for a local designer. Still have to process the set (bit of seamless in top left and an unknown orange bit on the right side), but I love how cute this one came across. C&C welcome.

4f22cb16c53c5.jpg

no pic showing

I see both. I like it. Can we see the finished version when it's done and dusted? :)

Cute! I really like the bold colors and I think you chose a good color for background.

Those yellow lips really pop!

no pic showing

It's showing for me, but I will post it to another server and try again. Here it is from a folder on my web site.

pez.jpg

Hmmm, I can see this one but still dont see the first post. I like the pic though. The colorfulness is wonderful. Very playful. Flash seems a bit strong though. Her left arm is a different shade then her right as a result. Right looks like regular skin tone where as the left looks very pale and white. Was this done with only one light?

Hmmm, I can see this one but still dont see the first post. I like the pic though. The colorfulness is wonderful. Very playful. Flash seems a bit strong though. Her left arm is a different shade then her right as a result. Right looks like regular skin tone where as the left looks very pale and white. Was this done with only one light?

Thanks for the feedback.

Four lights:
- feathered, blue gelled, 30 degree grid
- feathered, violet gelled, 20 degree grid
- 36x48" SB main light
- 60" gridded strip box for top to bottom fill

I'm looking at these on my Iphone and they seem a bit cool in color temp. Other than that they look great... Well, except for the poor colo choice on the lipstick.

Nice shot, great color.. looking forward to your finished version!

I'm looking at these on my Iphone and they seem a bit cool in color temp. Other than that they look great... Well, except for the poor colo choice on the lipstick.

The coolness is likely due to some of the blue bouncing. This outfit was one of about 10 looks that was following a summer theme for not only these product shots, but a magazine submission. We are using the yellow for its warmth, plus its ability to triangulate with clothes and accessories that are also yellow. As you know, this helps with composition and eye flow. So, while the colour may seem unflattering to the model, in terms of final product it make sense.

Below is a crop from one of the other product shots. I can't show any of the images shot for the magazine, unfortunately, until I know which ones are rejected. You can look at the rest of the hoodie product shots here. They are not processed except for cropping, but give a good idea of how we had to get the makeup to work across several outfits.

untitled_2_11_1.jpg

Notice the bit of yellow in the eye makeup, lips, background and bird beak. For anyone casual observer, their eye will bounce between these points generating eye flow and creating a nice visual dynamic.

THanks for all the input.

...Notice the bit of yellow in the eye makeup, lips, background and bird beak. For anyone casual observer, their eye will bounce between these points generating eye flow and creating a nice visual dynamic............

It works. :)

Most reactions

Back