Philly Snow Storm 1/11/11, C&C welcome

sean7488

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out to take photos for the first time in snow. Lemme know what you guys' think. Sadly my fastest lens is a nikon 35mm 1.8 so I used that for most of the shots I took. I wish I had a 50mm 1.4 but I'm saving up for that now. Some of these were taken with a tripod and the 18-105 kit lens. All photos are unedited, taken right from the camera.

DSC_0007 by sean7488, on Flickr

DSC_0009 by sean7488, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by sean7488, on Flickr

DSC_0070 by sean7488, on Flickr

DSC_0089 by sean7488, on Flickr

DSC_0008 by sean7488, on Flickr

DSC_0041 by sean7488, on Flickr

I like the first and the last one. The first one needs some cropping at the bottom and it's a bit over exposed though. Wish I were there though! Looks like fun.

You did a nice job with #1. There is a great feeling of the impending snow.

For some reason, I also like #4. The focus/color reminds me of the old photos taken during WWII in Germany.

I like...

1) whatever the green streak of light is, i would try to remove it. too distracting. But very cool shot!

6) cool photo. I like it.

7) this one is cool also, but would be better if you were closer in on the sign and the car wasn't in the foreground.

1. I love the lights shooting in different areas, great scene

2. The bike made this picture imo, the clock tower seems too "hidden"?

3. Loving the comp in this one

4. Love it

5. Love the lights

6. Great focus!

7. Neat shot

I like the first and the last one. The first one needs some cropping at the bottom and it's a bit over exposed though. Wish I were there though! Looks like fun.

I took several photos of that one actually with different settings so I do have ones that look darker but I think that this one looked best. Yea it definitely was fun being outside in that, I got a lot of people posing surprisingly lol.

You did a nice job with #1. There is a great feeling of the impending snow.

For some reason, I also like #4. The focus/color reminds me of the old photos taken during WWII in Germany.

Thanks. Yea I agree with number 4, if those milk bins weren't on the front it would be better imo :p.

I like...

1) whatever the green streak of light is, i would try to remove it. too distracting. But very cool shot!

6) cool photo. I like it.

7) this one is cool also, but would be better if you were closer in on the sign and the car wasn't in the foreground.

Thanks for the reply, I think that the green light is snow, if we're looking at the same spot. Yea with number 7 i agree that it would be nicer being closer but sadly I was stuck with only a 35mm lens and couldn't really get in closer I was practically touching the car in front.

1. I love the lights shooting in different areas, great scene

2. The bike made this picture imo, the clock tower seems too "hidden"?

3. Loving the comp in this one

4. Love it

5. Love the lights

6. Great focus!

7. Neat shot

Thanks for all the comments, with number 2 the clock wasn't really the main subject but I can see how you can think that.

Love #6 ... excellent job!

I'd be worried keeping my camera out in the elements like that haha

Love #6 ... excellent job!

I'd be worried keeping my camera out in the elements like that haha

haha thanks, surprisingly both of my D90's were fine in the snow, had no protection on either of them just had them out in the open but I'd switch them every 30 minutes or so and put one in the bag to let it dry off.

I want two d90s! Heck, I'd take one, as I only have one d3000 lol.

I really like photo #6...that's got a lovely,lovely "feeling" to it. Good job under tough conditions. Photo #5 is an almost, a near miss, but seems to draw me to it--perhaps a bit of a copping or re-work will help that one flip the switch.

both one and six are great. Nice captures!

Regards,
Jake

#1 is fantastic :)

Most reactions

Back