Phone memory card is formatted and overwritten

Trish7873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My smart phone was accidentally formatted by my little son and I also used this phone to take about 7 new photos. Now, when I know this phone has already been formatted, the firstly thing I want to do is to rescue my lost phone information back, like my previous photos, videos, texts and messages, etc. Is it still possible for me? How can get them back? I need your help! Thanks!

Run memory recovery software on the card.

Whatever was overwritten by the 7 new photos is lost.

Letting people know what type of phone it would help.

Perhaps we can get a 'sticky' for reformatted memory card threads recovery.

All posts concerning recovering data from a reformatted or corrupt memory card will be directed there and immediately closed to prevent the obligatory spammers that follow.

I don’t know why you guys always forget to make data backups for your phone memory card. But, I hope you can learn to get accustomed to back up everything important there from now on.
But, now, in order to rescue your deleted data, stop using this phone card to hold anything else and try to select a proper data recovery tool to retrieve your lost card photos back, like Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery, 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free and more.
And also remember not to save restored photos on this memory card again in case of farther data loss troubles.

And here we go with the spammers..............

Most reactions

Back