Photo and lyrics.

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another experiment. This time the idea is to add the lyrics to a song to bring additional meaning to a photo. Does it work, or is it distracting? Does it play as art, or as some weird commercial?

3410985050_99f62b0c98_b.jpg

3410185575_98763a6034_b.jpg

I enjoy putting lyrics to photos- poetry too, but usually as subtitles.

I think it would work better for me if the words were separated from the image. Both shots seem to capture the lyric, but the words embedded in the image are distracting.

Were you thinking of (listening to) those songs while shooting?

wow i really like the effect of the lyrics with the photos. also a big beatles fan myself so i definately appreciate the pictures. the only problem would be too many lyrics. i like the different angles of the first couple of lines and "you were only waiting..." line. if you take out the last 2 at the bottom im sold on that one. the second pictures kind of looks like cd art. it makes the lyrics seem like the main subject. maybe that was the point? im def an amateur at this. really good effect though.

wow i really like the effect of the lyrics with the photos. also a big beatles fan myself so i definately appreciate the pictures. the only problem would be too many lyrics. i like the different angles of the first couple of lines and "you were only waiting..." line. if you take out the last 2 at the bottom im sold on that one. the second pictures kind of looks like cd art. it makes the lyrics seem like the main subject. maybe that was the point? im def an amateur at this. really good effect though.

Thanks. This is actually a precursor to the REAL idea I have which would be to create an entire background of lyrics for the song "Across the Universe"

Most reactions

Back