Photo Forum Awards?

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I'm bored, so does anyone mind if I start up The Photo Forum Awards 2004? It'll be slightly different to most awards, it'll actually take place after the year has ended.
The way I plan for it to work is first we sort out the questions. Then on Friday until Wednesday you message me your votes and on Friday I post the results.
What do you think? Waste of time?

Here are the categories I've come up with so far. They have crappy titles, but I'm trying to keep this as true to an award show as possible.

Proper Awards

Most helpful user.

Most helpful thread. (please include link)

Most pointless thread. (please include link)

Most talented photographer.

Most improved photographer.

Favourite forum.

And Just For Fun.

Most entertaining user.

User you'd most like to meet in person.

Miss Photo Forum Sexy Legs. Or "the hottest girl". Should this one go?

Mr Photo Forum Sexy Legs. Or "the hottest guy". Should this one go?

Most pointless user.

Most pointless thread. (please include link)

Best avatar.

Worst avatar.

Scariest user.

Most prolific PhotoForum poster who never actually posts photos.

Miss Photo Forum Sexy Legs. Or "the hottest girl".

Mr Photo Forum Sexy Legs. Or "the hottest guy".

I dont mean to be mean ferny but maybe we shouldnt have those, I remember one of the ladies complaind cause they did a "MOst sexy" on another thread...it was either orie lumi of goddess, and it really hurt their feelings...dont wanna hurt them again....just a thought...the rest I love!

agreed....thanks for volunteering ferny!!!!

:twisted:

md

Agreed what? Volunteering for what?

I get it Arty. Seeing as I had no chance of winning it didn't bother me though. I thought it'd just be a laugh. I won't take them out just yet, I'll add a note next to them so others can have a say. :)

ferny said:
Agreed what? Volunteering for what?

I get it Arty. Seeing as I had no chance of winning it didn't bother me though. I thought it'd just be a laugh. I won't take them out just yet, I'll add a note next to them so others can have a say. :)

ive wanted to do something like this. im glad you decided to do it!!!

md

Thank god for that. I thought you'd read something between the lines there or got confused. I was getting worried you may have plans for me. Not good plans. :shock:

:)

Most pointless thread...

MY RANDOM THOUGHT THREAD!!!!! Or does that actually have a point? It was quite popular...NO, WAIT!!!! NOT THAT ONE!!!! The ONE WORD ASSOCIATION!!!!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12550

That is my nomination for most pointless thread. :) I'll get back to you on the others when I have time. Unfoturnatly, it's a 15 hour work day for me, and I must be off. :(

I seem to remember that it was Manda that had a bad experience with the "Hottest" thing on another board. I can't speak for her but I seem to remember that it had something to do with the people taking it WAY too far and being quite stupid about it. That said, it is very difficult to truly offend me and I'm all for having a bit of fun with it. :p

photogoddess said:
I seem to remember that it was Manda that had a bad experience with the "Hottest" thing on another board. I can't speak for her but I seem to remember that it had something to do with the people taking it WAY too far and being quite stupid about it. That said, it is very difficult to truly offend me and I'm all for having a bit of fun with it. :p

Cheek! Are you saying we're not capable of being stupid and taking things too far? :irked:

:LOL:

The idea was that you message me your votes and I'll just post the winners for each one.

*adds a category for "user least likely to follow instructions" and wonders if Corry will win* :mrgreen:

What if we had a hottest guy and stuff like that....then itd be fair
There is/was. And with no-one knowing (apart from me but I'm not going to go around shouting "thingy loves thingy" because it'd just make you all hate me) it'd just be one line of a page when the winners are announced. I thought that might be ok? But if anyone has a problem, then it goes.
happy.gif

photogoddess said:

For me its a choice between you and Mentos anyways...so as long as you guys dont get offended :p....

Most reactions

Back