Photo got Selected for an Exhibit

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So back in October, I entered three of my photos for a chance to be featured as part of the Veteran Artist Program exhibit inside the Pentagon. Yesterday I received and email saying that one of my photos had been selected out of over 400 entries. Kinda stoked about it since nothing of mine has ever been exhibited. Pentagon Veteran Artist Exhibit | Veteran Artist Program is the link. The Jury panel for the Pentagon exhibition is Former Marine combat artist, Mike D. Fay, Lynn Sures, Chair of Fine Arts at the Corcoran College of Art + Design, and curator Renee Maurer of The Phillips Collection

Below is the picture that got selected. It was Taken Inside a gas chamber while the NBC guy prepped it.

Prepping the Gas Chamber by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Cool! Congrats man.

So back in October, I entered three of my photos for a chance to be featured as part of the Veteran Artist Program exhibit inside the Pentagon. Yesterday I received and email saying that one of my photos had been selected out of over 400 entries. Kinda stoked about it since nothing of mine has ever been exhibited. Pentagon Veteran Artist Exhibit | Veteran Artist Program is the link. The Jury panel for the Pentagon exhibition is Former Marine combat artist, Mike D. Fay, Lynn Sures, Chair of Fine Arts at the Corcoran College of Art + Design, and curator Renee Maurer of The Phillips Collection

Below is the picture that got selected. It was Taken Inside a gas chamber while the NBC guy prepped it.

Been on both sides of that fence! :lmao:

Sweet!! Congratulations!!
On a side note: My sister-in-law works for the Phillips Collection--I believe she is also a curator there. Her name is NOT Renee Maurer though. ;-)

I'm happy for you. This is something special. Very nice!

WOW! That is awesome, congratulations.

I also have first hand experience with the contents of your photo. I never thought I'd find it enjoyable, but your photo changes that.

Ok so now comes the hard part for me. the size specs lol. i got an email asking what the size of my print would be. i told them i did not have it printed but could have it printed quick (thank you adorama btw). so they responded with nothing smaller than 11x14 and then asked if 16x20 would be good. i was looking at 18x24 but would that bee too big? also should i go lustre or glossy? something tells me lustre but thought id ask everyone here.

i should also add that the original size is 3849x2536. this should be good enough for a 16x20 or a 18x24 right?

so they responded with nothing smaller than 11x14 and then asked if 16x20 would be good. i was looking at 18x24 but would that bee too big?
If you can afford it (and you want your photo to be seen), go big. See this for a reference.

Congrats, by the way!

Most reactions

Back