Photo I did for work CC welcome

Auspiciousnight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did this photo for the place I work at. Its owned by a Father and a Son. This is a picture of them. I call it "Legacy" Sort of the passing from father to son. Lemme know what you think. Its one of my favorites.

Attachments

• $draft.jpg
    $draft.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 166
I feel like there is a lot going on in this image. The people are too dark and sort of get lost in all the stuff. The lights draw my eye and they become the main subject of the photo. Idk, maybe that was your intention?

Needs to be lighter. Can't make out most of the photo which is really distracting to me. Interesting concept besides that. Looks like you just had them sit in the same spot then mirror'd one of the images?

I am unsure why you included the flashes in the image. The bright white boxes and rings really detract from the subjects, which appear to be underexposed.

I understand your message, but I don't see it in the image. In fact, I have to look really hard to see past the strobes. I think this one might be worth a reshoot.

Reason the flashes are included in the picture is sort of hard to explain...

The photo is of a father and son who own a pawn shop (hence a warehouse filled with random objects)

The pawn shop recently received a contract from a TV network for their own reality show (like pawn stars or something)

I took each photo right before they filmed the "interview" segment for the show.

The original pictures are separated and mirrored back to back in post processing.

Better explanation?

I dont get it. What is this supposed to be saying about your work? It just looks like two guys in front of a lot of junk.

Im pretty sure I explained it above...

Father and son as subject. Father is older and has an old school mentality (hence the straight posture, cleaned, and polish appearance) Son is more "new age" (hence laid back posture, sandals, tattoos, hat, etc)

They are sitting back to back, they own a pawn shop (hence a warehouse filled with stuff)

They were interviewing for a reality tv show and the whole reason I was taking photos is because they wanted a photos taken while the production company was there for memories.

Yeah, I still don't think including the lights in the photo really works for me. Too much attention is drawn to them, not enough on the actual subjects. I'd have shot it at a slightly longer focal length to trim them off the sides.

Were you using strobes? Or hot lights? Your ISO is on 2000, so it leads me to believe that you're using hot lights.

Yeah, I still don't think including the lights in the photo really works for me. Too much attention is drawn to them, not enough on the actual subjects.

I 100% agree with this. I was immediately drawn to the lights. Without context, I would think this photo is just trying to show your lighting setup.

Was not my lighting set up. It was the production company for the interviews. I just wanted to include them for the memory of the the process.

Most reactions

Back