photo import software

meisdug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I've tried several different programs to import pictures, but they all seem to be very limited in their features. Basically I'm looking for a small simple program that will automatically, upon usb connection, create a new folder in a previously specified location with today's date as the title and immediately download all pictures to that folder. A free program would be preferable, but I haven't found one yet. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks!
--Doug

I've tried picasa, but it only let's you choose a single default directory to import to.

My camera is a Nikon D80

However I often tend to remove the memory card and stick it in a reader. Then I can put the camera battery on charge at the same time.

It would be nice to be able to just insert the card, then go about my other tasks and when I get back to the computer, everything will be downloaded and organized like I want.

Thanks Traveler, only thing....you still have to click one button to get it all done. But I'm not going to get too picky. :) It does give the option to add IPTC data to the batch of files at this step....very convenient. I think I'm really going to like this. Thanks!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back