photo lab techs

MacroManiac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i've been in photofinishing for quite awhile now. i'm trained on a frontier 330, 370, 390, new noritsu, and an old gretag and have been looking for a job as a repair technician for some time now. but i'm reeally having trouble finding one in alabama. anybody know any openings?

ps: sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

I use the Frontier 330 at work and know that I should really have a technician by my side at all times when using that machine. ;) Mysterious paper jams, carrier problems... always when using that machine. So yeah I'd employ you if I could. hehe

Seriously though, contact Fuji and Kodak but you could also try contacting the Head Offices of some big labs as they might employ independant technicians.

Good luck!

haha. we have a noritsu something (forget what number)

But it always has mysterious paper jams...

I changed to 8" paper the other day, and it printed a couple, jam... I cleared the jam, tried again, jammed again, cleared it, did it again, jam...

I eventually decided to change back to 4x6. printed some - fine...

Changed back to 8", worked fine...

Grrr...

Oh and a couple of weeks ago, it started spitting out photos stuck to each other...

The machine was making almighty banging noises and the photos were coming out looking like panoramas (3 stuck together)...

We rang the hotline and they said "TURN IT OFF - IT COULD BLOW UP!"

LOL!

Still don't know why. When we did turn it off & pull the racks out we found 10 copies of a photo. But they were the last ones we did - so not the reason for the banging (we were trying to get this lady's photos done. So we thought we would take our chances and put them through - they were halfway when we flipped the circuit breaker)

Still a mystery... Once we put it back together, it was fine...

Damn machines...

Uhhh... There was no point. I just needed to share the story. lol

So, you want my job? I work in Ontario and repair, train and troubleshoot 350s and 370s. The first thing I recommend is getting your SPFE rating at http://spfe.pmai.org/ I see companies like Costco and such really pushing for this rating and more then likely Kodak or Fuji will not even look at you without it. If any of you guys work on Fuji 350s and 370 and have questions just ask me, as I’m sure I will be able to answer your questions.

Eric

Most reactions

Back