Photo literature for beginners?

yogibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone!

Im looking for some suggestions. Ive been taking photos for awhile and recently when i finally got a decent dslr i decided it was time to start soaking up all the information i can about takin photos. Im looking for any books that can explain the basics of photography to experienced techniques of photography. Id like to get a better knowledge of how things like iso, aperature, shutter speed, lighting, focal length, depth of view, so on and so on, affect the photos im taking.

I have experience using cameras but i believe its about time to understand the theory behind my practice. I need knowledge that will help me refine my photography. Any suggestions would be welcome with open arms!

Thanks for the help!

Yogi

Ive seen that in references but for some reason always thought it was thread topic. Thanks ill check our local bookstore and try and find it. Any others or is this the best place to start for now?

try "How to do everything with your digital camera" by Dave johnson. it's a good book that tells you how to use every function on a digital camera and then he also teaches you basic photography, such as apeture, shutter speed, lighting, and exposure control. then he tells you how to use some basic photoshop to improve your photos. I learned alot from his books, and i'm sure you would too. ^_^

Most reactions

New Topics

Back