photo of my daughter

colorful

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
mmexport1500094734935.jpg

The first month since she came to me.

Any suggestions on get a better photo comment below is appreciate.

Thank you.

Awwww, precious little darling!

Better photos? Well, maybe a little bit less density, or a little less density in the blacks and shadow values might help, but that's based on just the one, single photo above. Her hair is "plugged up" in the shadows, meaning there's too much blackness, or too high of a black point value, which is set on the left side of the histogram...the black point value number is too high in the above photo.

And as fatr as truly,truly improving photos: the above photo likely would have been stronger had the camera been oriented "tall-ways", to show more of her, and less off to the sides of her...

Subject and camera frame orientation normally should match, and since she was/is "taller" more so than "wider", then camera orientation that would match would be a vertical or "tall"....

Shooting "wides" when one ought to be compising and shooting "talls" is probably **the** single biggest error that people tend to make over and over again, often achieving pretty high technical capability, yet not seeing the artistic style oversight of shooting wides on 99% of their pictures, no matter what the subject is.

Awwww, precious little darling!

Better photos? Well, maybe a little bit less density, or a little less density in the blacks and shadow values might help, but that's based on just the one, single photo above. Her hair is "plugged up" in the shadows, meaning there's too much blackness, or too high of a black point value, which is set on the left side of the histogram...the black point value number is too high in the above photo.

And as fatr as truly,truly improving photos: the above photo likely would have been stronger had the camera been oriented "tall-ways", to show more of her, and less off to the sides of her...

Subject and camera frame orientation normally should match, and since she was/is "taller" more so than "wider", then camera orientation that would match would be a vertical or "tall"....

Shooting "wides" when one ought to be compising and shooting "talls" is probably **the** single biggest error that people tend to make over and over again, often achieving pretty high technical capability, yet not seeing the artistic style oversight of shooting wides on 99% of their pictures, no matter what the subject is.

Thanks for your comment.

About the black and hair I will try it.

About the 'taller'. I took wider because I want to include the mum's hand at the top right. If use taller it seems like unbalance the image.

How do you think?

Most reactions

Back