Photo session in Boston

Stephen.C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these today, My first photoshoot type deal that ive done. Please C&C, tell me what you think!
Oh yeah forgot to add, whats funny about this is I met her a year ago in the same spot as we took these photos.
A4good.jpg

A3good.jpg

A2good.jpg

A15good.jpg

A5good.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
The first thing I see and note here is that you had very much light (sun out) and consequently (!) very many (and too deep) shadows. Light was so NOT on your side here. Not to say it "ruins" your portrait shoot, as she is too pretty to ruin any photo, but ... in a way it did ...

The lighting was not ideal. She is squinting in a lot of these shots. Maybe try reshooting in the evening or morning?

Number one is the best shot in my opinion. I like the background best. Its a little less distracting, but is interesting.

Watch for chopping off the fingers!

I love her wardrobe.

I like #2 especially except she looks like she's ready to cry.

I also agree about the wardrobe. It's her!

#4, if you can re-crop so the more of the frame is in front of her. Too bad she wasn't looking up at the camera in that one. It would have been my #1.

All are nice though considering the difficult lighting.

Thank you. I didnt really tell her that much what to do, just in some cases how to position her legs and stuff, and maybe a few times to look into the camera.
The problem with number 4 was that to the right I cropped out a small shrubery tree and a homeless man too.
Edit. the man was on the other side of the flowers, I didnt just tell her to sit next to a random guy.

Last edited:
The morning or evening is the best time to shoot when the light is softer and shadows are not nearly as harsh. You can't always avoid the mid day sun though. A quick fix would be to use a foam poster board to use as a reflector. If you look at her eyes you can see how dark they are. Next time you have a willing subject take them to different locations like full sun shade and such, and walk around them and look at there eyes. You want to make sure you can see that light reflecting in there eyes. Catch lights make a world of difference in photos. It really brings life to them. Good job with your posing though. I really struggle with that. Oh and sorry for the long post.

2 is my fav. and wow, her hair is so cute!

The problem with number 4 was that to the right I cropped out a small shrubery tree and a homeless man too.
Edit. the man was on the other side of the flowers, I didnt just tell her to sit next to a random guy.
You ought to show that one. Maybe you can name it Beauty and the Beast.

she is so cute *.*
nice picz

#2 and #3 face is too dark and needs more lighting.

The photos of the clear photography as well as the pictures of this cute girl is very fantastic and very nice to know about the terms of the photography.I really this photography because of the types of the pose you captured here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back