"Photo Shoot"

Ah! Asinine and arrogant. I see.

Well good luck in your creative career! Keep up the good work!

Agreed on both your Criticism and point.

@The OP , I notice in all your photos that your subject is either in shadows or in harsh light, which basically shows there is no balance in any of them. When your making photo's of people its important to have proper lighting on the subject and in your case allot of your photo's seem to ignore that fundamental principal. I also observed that most of your pictures are not straight and looks like the world is on an angle, another point worth mentioning is that your subject's are cut off in allot of your photo's with tons of headroom, next time if you are leaving headroom have the entire subject in the frame.

Just my 0.02 ¢ worth

Again, I greatly appreciate TheModernMut's criticism, I just didn't appreciate the sarcasm. For me, it changed what he said from honest criticism to poking fun at me. I'm just starting out and I know I'm not close to perfect, but talking to people like that doesn't make people feel any more confident in what they're trying to achieve.

I'm thankful for all criticism.

And thank you Davor, I'm trying to save money for a good tripod.

Again, I greatly appreciate TheModernMut's criticism, I just didn't appreciate the sarcasm. For me, it changed what he said from honest criticism to poking fun at me. I'm just starting out and I know I'm not close to perfect, but talking to people like that doesn't make people feel any more confident in what they're trying to achieve.

It's the "honest opinions" and "brutality" that keep me coming back. I mean, every SINGLE time I get on here and post a photo I'm proud of it gets torn to shreds and I want a big bowl of ice cream and to cry myself to sleep. But as long as you take the criticism for what it really is and use it as a means to get out there and make a better shot next time then the forum is doing it's job. It's the internet, not everyone is going to tell you what you want to hear in a way you want to hear it, however as long as you can wade through the harsh overtones and pick out the useful advice then this forum will do wonders for you.

It's the "honest opinions" and "brutality" that keep me coming back... It's the internet, not everyone is going to tell you what you want to hear in a way you want to hear it...

You (generally speaking) also have to remember that the written word removes any and all tone, inflection, and personal emotions in a conversation. I, unfortunately, was not born with the gift of 'internet'. I am a "say what you mean, and mean what you say" kind of person, so when I am responding, what I am thinking and the manner that I am thinking it, may not be received on the other end properly. When the person reads my words, they interpret and create their own emotional circumstances, and usually they are not the same as I intended. Emoticons help translate feelings in a conversation, but truly, I hate them - they are just an extra step, extra keystroke, and extra time that I have to take out of my day.

And lastly, I apologize, but I have my own issues in life to deal with - I don't have time to run around the internet blowing sunshine up random peoples heiny's to make them feel better - thats what shrinks are for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back