Photo software

hsmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for software that will allow me to place a border around my photos and perhaps a small signature on them, as well as edit my photos.

I thought I might be able to do this with Picasa and GIMP, but I'm not having any success. I downloaded a trial of Photoshop Elements, but when I click on the icon to open the program, nothing happens. I have even tried right clicking on it and selecting "run as administrator", but still no luck.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

You could always try paint.net if you're not having any success with the main alternatives. It's free, and I've heard good things about it, though don't have any first-hand experience.

If you can afford it, I always suggest Photoshop CS3.

Last edited:
hey all, does anyone use aperture?

You should have received software with your camera that will do what you want. When I bought an XT several years ago, it came with ArcSoft editing software. Its no photoshop, but pretty good.

Mine came with Digital Photo Professional, Zoom Browser EX, and Picture Style Editor. I can edit the photos wiith the first two and put in text with Zoom Browser, but I can't figure out how to put borders around with any of them. In fact, I can't even use Picture Style Editor yet because it won't let you import jpegs.

It seems ok software....free and good to learn on. If anyone knows how to do the border thing with these programs, I would love to know. I'm usually pretty good at figuring these things out, but I'm stumped.

PS Elements 5.0 can do it so I'm sure the new version 6.0 can also.

Do a search here for "borders" or "Photoshop Borders" - there are many writeups on how to do it in Photoshop - same method also work for Elements.

PS Elements 5.0 can do it so I'm sure the new version 6.0 can also.

Do a search here for "borders" or "Photoshop Borders" - there are many writeups on how to do it in Photoshop - same method also work for Elements.

I can't open the trial version for some odd reason:confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back