Photo trip epic fail!!

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been on a couple recon mission in my area to find out where I've got a clear view straight west toward the sunset. I found a place by a lake, and started waiting for the correct weather. After a week it came, and I realised a little too late that I had to hurry. I hurried home on my bike, got my gear and hurried to the lake. It took 40 minutes from I started acting to I was ready. The sunset was almost over, but I thought I could get some nice shots.

Mounted my camera on my tripod, turned it on and ...............

"No CF Card"

LOL

I packed up my gear, and just sat there watching the sunset. I got this panoramic view with Photosynth app for iphone. Check it out! That's what I missed out on.

Epic fail II - Photosynth

Last edited:
What's so special about looking east at sunset?
scratch-1.gif

Mainly because the sun sets in the west. Small typo from my side!

Still, I had big plans. It's hard work bicycling all that way, I tell you! Only to find out In forgot my memory card..

That is pretty funny, but anytime you can see a beautiful sunset like that with your own two eyes can't be any kind of fail.

that's funny! i went to use mine the other day and forgot the battery in the charger. :doh!

were you all excited to use your new lens?

You guys don't carry a spare bat and a few extra cards? I'm so scatter-brained I have to.

that's funny! i went to use mine the other day and forgot the battery in the charger. :doh!

were you all excited to use your new lens?

Actually, this was before I bought it. It will be easier getting decent sunset and big cloudscapes (which I really enjoy) with the 12-24mm, rather than the fixed 50mm. :)
Battery in the charger, a classic! :thumbsup:

You guys don't carry a spare bat and a few extra cards? I'm so scatter-brained I have to.

I bought an extra cf card when I bought the new lens ;) One in camera (or in card reader, apparently!) and one in the backpack.

StringThing: good attitude!

Oh no I did the same thing recently. There's a farm with a hill and a nice view so I timed it for sunset, set up, had no card. It happens :lol:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. I can't believe anyone would go out to shoot without a spare card/battery, etc. You need to check your camera before you go out the door. :)

I just run out the door sometimes to shoot. For a planned shoot especially involving other people I always prepare and check everything.

Most reactions

Back