Photo walk tree reshoot, C&C

anm90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I went out and did a reshoot of the tree that I posted in my other thread from the photo walk and here is what I got. I was going for a dark, old fashioned look. I did some preliminary editing in lightroom for exposure and whatnot, then went to photoshop and converted the picture to black and white, adjusted brightness/contrast, added a sepia filter, sharpened a bit, and finally added some noise/grain to give it an older feel.

For some reason the jpg file looks a lot different than the psd does in photoshop and I'm not sure why, but I posted that question in a different thread. In the meantime, here is what I got from the jpeg version. What do you think?

20100306-DSC_0003SepiaProjectborder.jpg

I saw the other one, this one is MUCH better. I love the composition and the filter I would just like it a bit over to the left. The graininess adds a lot as well as the backdrop, it is interesting yet doesn't draw the eye. VERY NICE. :thumbup:

Excellent reshoot! This one shows depth, and combining the subject with the PP it definitely grasps that "old" look and feel.

Awesome reshoot!!! Way to take the advice given and still keep your same style in it. I too agree with Live Free. Would have like the trunk in the left corner and allowing the viewer to follow it to the center to find the gnarled branches. Love the PP too!! Wish I could PP like that :thumbup:

Wow! Thanks guys! This is very encouraging, and makes me very happy. I love seeing that my work is so well accepted :mrgreen:

Also forgot to say that I added a slight vignette as well.

I have a few other shots / angles from the reshoot that I can go through but not sure when I will have time to do anything with them. I've got finals coming up the week after this so I'll be studying all week. Gotta love being an aerospace engineer... calculus, chemistry, and physics plus a GE course :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your studying to be successful and your finals coming out with good marks!

The angle on this is really good.
You seem to know a lot about post processing, too.
Most of it is quite to my liking, but I feel you added a tad too much noise for the "older feel".

After you mentioned it, I began to see that I don't like how much noise I added either. Especially when I looked at the high res version. So here is another version with less noise. Had to change the brightness a bit as well to get it close to what it was before.

What do you think?

OldFallenTreeWMDesktopSize.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back