Photographic Mentoring

I really think a subforum would be a good thing. We could grow into it as more mentors join on and new students wouldn't have to frustatedly hunt and peck for us. I hope to get an answer from the mods soon on this before we start something concrete and still welcome any and all discussion on the best path to take. Thank you all for getting us this far.

Overread, hope I'm not steeping on toes here. I have wanted to do something like this for a LONG time and am just so stoked to get it going.

Again, thank you all.

Oh, and someting else for you guys to chew over. I'm gonna be up front with anyone that contacts me for a one time C&C and saya big NO THANKS. That's what the forums are for. This is gonna be much more than that.

Mentoring is a fantastic idea,I love to have the help so I`m holding my hand up for one,perhaps becoming one in future.
icon14.gif

Ok, so I can get an idea of who is in for this could all people intending to be MENTORS please send me a pm - this pm should contain basic info about you and your photography. So a little history, the whys and the hows as well as a kit list, links to samples of your work, any websites or blogs you are running.
Also you should include what you are able to provide to a student (basically what your main areas of interest and understanding are - so nature, wildlife, macro, landscape, people etc... - the only limit is your skills so don't fear putting down more than one type)
Also include anything that you are looking for in a possible student - this could be anything or nothing, but importantly note down a rough (none of us will know till we start this) number of students that you feel you can support through the site

Also could all people please check this thread also:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123688

Thanks

edit -- a subforum would be wonderful for this project and if one is on the cards so the speak then its not something to let fall by the side -- however I think we might have to plan round not having a subforum to start with
and chris you are not stepping on toes at all - its good to have a fall -- er -- support guy ;)
seriously the support is welcome! :)

Chris: Let's stick with stickied threads (hmmm) at the start and let it grow before we start a sub-forum. Once this is a well-established, member driven project with lots of activity, member oversight and growth, I don't see that creating a sub-forum would be an issue.

So, carry on with your plans and laying out your format as I'm reading above. Looks good so far. I support the notion of having potential mentors have some sort of bio sheet available to prospective students, to help ensure good information is being passed. :thumbup:

Sorry, I don't recognize you. Gimme time.
Don't sweat it. I'm not super active over there. ;)

Most reactions

Back